Power Flower is devoted to water conservation for your home, business and community. Proper irrigation management is vital to maintaining healthy beautiful lawns and gardens. Here are some important facts to know and ask about when you start thinking about installing irrigation on your property.
It is important to also know that the benefits of having a sprinkler system are many but here are the most important ones:
- An automatic sprinkler system will help maintain a healthy beautiful landscape
- It’s the most convenient and efficient way to ensure your landscape gets the water it needs without over-or under-watering.
- When it is properly installed and maintained an automatic sprinkler system will help conserve water!
Now let's look at what you need to ask before you sign on the dotted line:
- Will the individual or company create a design and lay-out before installation begins?
- Will they use a properly designed system with the right nozzle to ensure effective water coverage?
- Will they install a rain sensor that will shut your irrigation system off when it starts raining thereby saving you water?
- Will they use the right sprinkler head that has the correct nozzle size, operate at the right pressure, have the correct flow and radius of throw and have an effective wetting arc, distribution & trajectory?
- Will they understand the vital importance of the pipes required as they will need to withstand the right pressure and also need to be laid out correctly in order to avoid entrapped air which can affect operating pressure?
- Will they choose the right valves, which is an integral part of your system and can be manual or automated?
- Will they remember the importance of filtration screens that keep debris from getting into and blocking your pipes?
- Will they invest in the right controllers which are the brains of the irrigation system and will they understand that the biggest challenge here is to not over invest in unneeded features?
- Will they use properly and carefully selected wiring which will make all the difference between a reliable and unreliable system? Do they know that the larger the area, and the more valves required will involve additional care and computations?
- Will they know what Backflow from the sprinkler head into the water supply is? Do they know that it's a big no-no as it can bring unwanted micro organisms and chemicals into your supply?
These are good basic questions and issues to be aware of when you decide to invest in an irrigation system. Your next step would be to call Power Flower, as our design and installation specialist have 20 years of working experience in the Cayman Islands.